12/16/2008

Randomness

Was Louis Pasteur Catholic? If so, he should be considered a saint. Pierce woke up from his nap yesterday with a pretty high fever, and he has been congested for quite some time. I decided it was time to call the doctor. He has an ear infection. After one dose of the antibiotic, the fever was gone. Miracle? Close enough for this momma.

I called the doctor last night around 5:30, and the nurse said I could bring Pierce in at 7:15. We left there around 8:00 and went to pharmacy to get the prescription filled. Pierce was CRAZY in the pharmacy. It was like something you would see in a video to promote abstinence. Things were flying off the shelf and he just thought it was hilarious. You would never have known he was not well if you were seeing him for the fist time. I was quite frustrated when I left the pharmacy, but then I began thinking about how many people in this world don't have the option of getting to the doctor and getting the necessary medicine. I did it in under 4 hours. My attitude quickly changed, and I am so thankful to live where I do with the amenities I have.

We left the house Sunday night, and a telephone book was by the door. When we arrived back home, Madelyn said, "I can't wait to read the xylophone book."

It is quite humbling sometimes to hear your children echo things that you say. For example, I heard Madelyn a couple of days ago say, "Honestly, Pierce, is that necessary?"

It is also quite gratifying to hear your children echo things that you say. For example, Madelyn prayed the other day, "Thank you, God, for sending the baby Jesus. That's why we celebrate Christmas."

No comments: