4/19/2010

Together at last

A much more detailed post will come soon, but I just wanted to let everyone know that JD is back home. For those who don't know, JD was in London on a business trip. He was scheduled to travel home last Friday, but the volcano eruption in Iceland put a major kink in the plan. When we realized there would not be a quick way out of London, he and a colleague traveled 1100 miles from London to Madrid. He caught a plane in Madrid (one of the few major airports still open in Europe) and flew to Mexico City. He then got on a plane back to DC and walked in the front door at 4:15 this afternoon (Monday). To say we are relieved is a major understatement. I have learned a lot over the last few days, but I think the most important lesson (or reminder) is that I am NOT in control over much in this world. However, the great news is that I try to serve the Lord who does have control. There are many incidents of the Lord's intervention, protection, wisdom, and peace in this story, and I plan to process, reflect, and write about them in the next few days. But for now, I plan to enjoy time with my family and hold hands with my husband. Thanks to everyone for their prayers.

2 comments:

Scott Family Fun said...

Yea! Welcome back JD!

Renee said...

I am glad he is home. I hope JD and his colleague were able to enjoy the drive.