9/22/2009

A funny prayer and a smart girl

Last night at bedtime, Pierce was praying: "Thank you God for Mommy. Thank you God for Isabel. Thank you God for Madelyn. Thank you God for my blankets. Thank you God for Daddy. Thank you God for Daddy's penis..." At which point, I started laughing. Pierce finished up what he was saying, but I have no idea what that was. As we were leaving Madelyn's room, I said to JD, "Why do you think he prayed for your P-E-N-I-S'?" (spelling it out.) Madelyn asked, "Why did you just spell penis?"

Our days of spelling things out are quickly coming to an end.

5 comments:

Beth said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Love it, and I hope that ya'll are doing well!!

Beth said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Love it, and I hope that ya'll are doing well!!

ARK said...

That is so funny! You will have to tell that one at his rehearsal dinner or wedding reception one day! Congratulations, we look forward to meeting your new princess when she is ready to be out and about:) So glad to hear things went so well:) We will continue to pray for you all as your adjust:)

Renee said...

That is so funny! And what a smart girl you have.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha! that's so funny! we're spelling everything even now too, we were putting BabyBoy to bed and I said uh oh I think he might need a D-R-I-N-K (he's learned he can ask for it before bed sometimes=)), and right away he said, Daddy can I have a drink please=) Hope you're doing very well!