9/03/2009

Dr. update

So, my dr. appt. went well. It appears that the baby is still head down (yea!) and that she has turned so that her back is facing out (yea!). There has been no significant progress in the dilating/effacing situation, but the baby has "dropped". And one minor point of frustration--the doctor wrote down the wrong date to start checking on an induction, so she asked if I would be willing to wait until Sept. 23 for the induction. I said something along the lines of "Well, I would be past 40 weeks at that point." She just stared blankly for a few seconds and then said, "Oh my gosh! I totally put down the wrong date."

Aarrggghhh! Oh, and can someone explain how it's possible to gain 2.5 pounds in one week?????

2 comments:

AO said...

Oh I can totally spell out some justifications:

Did you eat salty foods in the last couple of days? +1 lb. for fluid retention

Did you shower in the last couple of hours? = + 0.5 lbs.

Did you drink anything this morning? = + 0.5 lbs. for every cup of liquid

Did you eat anything this morning? Bowl of cereal = 0.5 lbs.
Pancakes = 1 lb.
Fruit = 0.5 lbs. or so

Are you wearing jeans/pants and/or long sleeved shirt today? Did you wear shorts/capris/skirt/tank tops at the last appointment? If yes, add 0.5-1 lb.

Very easy to accumulate. ;-p

My home digital scale weighs in about 3 lbs. lighter than my OB's scale. So annoying. :o)

Glad that baby's doing well!

Mel said...

yay for baby and you have nothing to worry about, friend! you look fantastic. hang in there!