6/27/2009

Potty Training

In my four years of parenting, I've discovered that I place a lot of pride in the successes of my children. I also know that this isn't fair to them, and it is something that I need to work on. Pierce has been showing signs that he is ready for potty training and has shown some interest in it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl this weekend. Yesterday went remarkably well. In his non-diaper wearing time, we had 3.5 successes out of 5 total potty times. I mention the 0.5 because at one point he started to pee and finished up on the potty. I was pretty impressed by that. We did have a #2 accident, but it was easily cleaned.

So, I went to bed feeling like we had a pretty good day. Today, we are 0 for 2. Now, I am quite amazed that Pierce went at least 4 hours (from the time he woke up until about 11:30) without peeing. I tried to get him to use the potty several times, but he was either very resistant or would sit for a while without expelling anything. Then, at around 11:30 he peed A LOT and then he peed A LOT again at 12:15. Thankfully, we were outside for both of those incidents.

I know one of the worst things I can do is get frustrated and that there is only so much I can do to make him use the potty. I guess we'll try again after nap time.

1 comment:

Renee said...

This is so challenging! For them and for us! God wants to train us to me more patient and merciful just as much as we want to potty train them.

Wesley was very easy but Lydia proved to be more challenging but I think she has finally turned the corner.