6/22/2009

Father's Day

We had a very busy Father's Day, as we also celebrated my in-laws' 40th wedding anniversary. All of their kids (and married-in kids) planned a party at my grandmother-in-law's (Granny) house. She has a beautiful place right on the Rappahannock River; it's a perfect setting for a summer-time party. We invited lots of friends and family and had a wonderful time honoring 40 years of a strong, Christ-centered, and loving marriage.

However, I feel like I neglected Father's Day just a little bit because we were so preoccupied with the party. So, I'd like to thank JD for being such a terrific dad. He works so hard to provide a stable, safe, and comfortable lifestyle, and I appreciate him sooooo much more when he's working hard away from home. (He's on his way to L.A. for most of the week.) I (and the kids) love you so much and miss you bunches when you're away. Also, I'd like to thank both my dad and my father-in-law for being such great dads, too. We hope we're making you proud of the way you raised us! We love you!

No comments: