6/22/2009

Belly in the eye of the beholder?

So, most of you know that we are planning to move at the end of next month. We're not going far--just about 10 miles away--no job changes, either. We just wanted to get into a single-family home that's a little closer to friends and church. We're still renting, though, as we aren't confident enough in the housing market here to take the plunge into home ownership. So, the current tenant in the house we're moving to was nice enough to invite me to our new house to show me the "quirks" of the house--a very nice gesture. After I had been there for a few minutes, she proclaimed, "Gosh, I had forgotten you were pregnant! If I hadn't seen you from the side, I would have never known."

Contrast that with yesterday, when no fewer than 4 people told me that I was "really sticking out there" or "looked ready to pop" or "you're due in September? Wow! I would have guessed sooner!" While these things don't normally bother me, I was beginning to develop a complex. Maybe I shouldn't wear that shirt anymore???

No comments: