6/01/2009

Craigslist success

There were a few things I wanted for this baby that were different/I didn't have with the other two. I wanted a new swing because the one we have is more for babies in the 3-4 month range. Madelyn liked it but only used it for about a month or so and Pierce really didn't like it at all. So, I went in search of a better swing but didn't want to buy a new one. I found the one I wanted:



It's the Graco Sweet Peace Newborn Soother and retails for about $180. I searched Craigslist for a couple of weeks and finally found one. I paid $90 for it.

The second item was a bassinet. I wasn't really particular about this, but I wanted to have a vibrating mode option and locking wheels so that I can move it from room to room easily. I found this one on Craigslist:




It's the Kolcraft Cuddle n Care Rocking Bassinet with Light Vibes and retails for around $100. I thought the lady was asking $30, but when I got there, she told me I could have it for $20 since she had neglected to mention the slight tear in the fabric. ( I would have never noticed the tear.)

The third item was a new stroller. I wanted a sit and stand stroller. After doing some research and consulting with friends, I decided I wanted the Joovy Ultralight Caboose. These can be pretty pricey and depending on the retailer, they go for $250-$350. I searched Craigslist and found a barely used one like this:

I paid $140. So, the three items would retail for $530 (low estimate), and my out-of pocket was $250. Not too bad, I suppose.

No comments: