1/07/2008

Sick Again

Pierce has another stomach bug. For those keeping count, this is the second one in three weeks. This one is more persistent, as we are going on hour number 41 of throwing up. He doesn't have a fever, but the only thing he can keep down is Pedialyte. It's funny, though, because he can chug that stuff without a problem. However, if I give him just one ounce of formula, it ends up on the carpet 10 minutes later. The rest of us are healthy for the time being. Hopefully, that will remain the case. I called the dr.'s office and the nurse I spoke with told me to start giving him small doses of diluted formula this afternoon.

I believe one of the most pitiful sights in the world is a small child throwing up. Pierce's whole body heaves and then he just gives me the saddest look. He has to be wondering what in the world is going on. Anyway, I'm praying he feels better soon. I think it's harder on me than it is on him.

No comments: