1/24/2008

Peter Pan

My parents bought Madelyn Disney's Peter Pan DVD. Madelyn loves it! I like watching it, too. It really is funny to see all of the non-PC things in the movie. At the beginning of the movie, Mr. and Mrs. Darling leave for the evening and leave the children alone in the house. Child protective services...hellloooo??? Normally, they would let Nana, the dog-nanny, watch the children, but she was being punished and was banished to the yard. Later in the movie, during a scene with the INDIANS (not Native-Americans) a song entitled "What Makes the Red Man Red?" is sung by the Indians. I chuckle every time I hear it, and I've heard it a lot lately.

Madelyn asks to watch "Peter Man" pretty frequently. Tonight while she was watching it, I heard her say in a pretty good British accent, "Peetah, it's Peetah Man."

No comments: