8/07/2007

Potty Training


Can you tell what this is? I've decided that I'm ready for Madelyn to be potty trained. Madelyn seems to have other plans for me. I've bought her some big girl panties that she seems to enjoy wearing, but she also doesn't mind them getting soaked in urine. Yesterday, we had three successful attempts at putting pee-pee in the potty (see picture). I was so excited and thought we might have something going. Then, after dinner, I hear Madelyn tentatively say, "Mommy, I'm stinky." Oh, no! Big girl panties and poo-poo was going to be no fun! I come out of the kitchen and see Madelyn lying in a large cardboard box that I was saving for baby clothes storage. Upon closer inspection, I see a fairly large puddle surrounding Madelyn. Fortunately, no poo-poo, but she did choose to use my storage box as a litter box.

No comments: