8/22/2007

A night alone

Most Tuesday nights we have Bible study and a sitter stays with the kids. Well, Bible study was cancelled last night and JD was working late, so I had the sitter come anyway so that I could run some errands. Now, I love my kids very much, and I miss them when we're not together, but I had so much freedom last night I didn't know what to do with myself. I only went to the mall and Wal-mart, but I didn't have a diaper bag, stroller, or kids in tow, so I felt foot loose and fancy free.

I walked into the mall and felt almost giddy. I didn't know which way to turn or where to go first. I ultimately decided to grab a sandwich at Chick-fil-A. I found a table where someone had left a newspaper, and I sat down, ate dinner, and read the paper. The amazing thing--I didn't have to get up once for anything! I then went on to return a baby gift that was too little--my son is a horse. After that, I took a stroll and felt so crazy that I decided to try on clothes for the heck of it. I didn't buy a thing, but it was fun to actually step inside a dressing room in a store and try something on. I believe it has been over a year since that has happened. I then proceeded on to Wal-mart to grab a few essentials.

While I really enjoyed my two hours of freedom, I found myself anxious to get home, just to make sure everything was okay. What is up with that? It's not like the sitter can't use a telephone!!! Anyway, that was my evening and what did I learn?--Occasional freedom is fun, but I love being a mommy!

No comments: