8/21/2007

Another potty update

Madelyn is doing quite well with the potty training situation. We were courageous enough take her to church in her panties. She stayed dry the entire morning. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure if she had gone number 2 at church. We went outside to play after getting home, and she immediately did number 2 in her pants. I probably rushed the going outside thing, but I did ask her if she needed to potty before we went out. Her answer was no, which was incorrect.

Since then, though, we have been very successful. She has done number 2 in the potty both yesterday and today, and she has stayed dry. She has told me every time she has needed to go...meaning I have not prompted her to sit on the potty.

Now, I find her commentating and offering advice on my potty using abilities. I often hear, "Good job, Mommy.", "Don't forget to wipe, Mommy.", "Wash your hands, Mommy.", "I want to see, Mommy." It can be quite entertaining, but it can also be pretty intrusive.

We are traveling this weekend for vacation. It'll be intersting to see how it goes, and when I hear, "Mommy, I need to potty.", I will have to fight the urge to tell her just to pee in her pull-up.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I must say I am totally jealous! Bo had his first accident today since Sunday, but he is still terrified of pooping in the potty...funny because he had no trouble going in the bathtub!!!