12/22/2010

Christmas Cookie Guilt

Everyone knows the month of December is way too busy. In the chaos of the last two weeks, I forgot to bake Christmas cookies with the kids. What kind of mother am I? So, in a panicked state, I rummaged through the pantry and discovered that we had the goods to make the cookies. What would we do about the icing? I found an easy recipe with confectioner's sugar that actually tasted decent. I think it was the ample vanilla extract I put in it, along with the maple syrup that was used as a substitute for corn syrup.

So, in the craziness of afternoon cookie baking, I realized that the kids could not have cared less about baking cookies. I actually had one of those--do you realize that I'm doing this for you?--kind of questions come out of my mouth. Newsflash, Carey--you're apparently doing it for yourself. Would someone please remind me about this at Easter?

Carefully cutting the cookies:


They at least look like they're having fun:







Into the oven:


Some of the final products:

No comments: