12/20/2010

15 Months Old



Isabel is 15 months old. She is such a cutie and a sweetie and a pistol. I thought Madelyn was opinionated, but she's got nothing on this little girl. She is very determined and asks for help when she can't do something that she wants to do. I can't really describe her asking for help except that the more frustrated she gets, the more she sounds like a barking seal. It's pretty funny. She's adding more words to her vocabulary--dance is my favorite because she'll hear music, say "dan, dan" and start stomping her right foot. She can launch a ball and usually throws with her left hand. She also has an interesting way of announcing she's finished with a meal--she makes a wide sweeping motion with her left hand (without any warning whatsoever) and cleans her tray in about 2 seconds. Of course, everything lands in the floor. The first couple of times she did it I thought it was funny. Now, I just find it frustrating. Her first molar just broke through the gums, and other than sticking her tongue out a lot, there was no indication that she was cutting a tooth. This is great for us because she has always shown discomfort with teething.

She has wreaked havoc on our Christmas presents. Don't ask me why I wrapped them early and put them under the tree. She's opened her presents about 3 times. Thankfully, she hasn't ruined any of the other kids' surprises. She keeps me on my toes--it's a good thing she gives good hugs. Happy 15 months, sweet girl!

No comments: