1/28/2010

The hits keep coming--trying to maintain good perspective

Isabel developed a cough a couple of nights ago. This morning it was pretty persistent, so I called the doctor just to ask if there was anything I could do. The nurse heard her coughing and told me to come in. They suspect Isabel has RSV. So far, it's pretty mild, but it could get worse before it gets better. And, she can't be around other little babies as long as her symptoms persist, which could take a month.

Additionally, Madelyn threw up a couple of nights ago. It only happened once and it wasn't really that bad. Now, though, she has diarrhea. This isn't bad either except that she's going to the bathroom at least 5-6 times a day and is not comfortable with wiping herself.

So, we're homebound, and I'm tired of being sick and tired. I'm trying to keep the proper perspective. I know this is just a short season in our lives, and one day we'll be past bottom wiping and barking coughs, but right now, I just want to cry and sleep.


2 comments:

Renee said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I don't blame you, I would want to just cry myself to sleep also.

AO said...

Hang in there. So sorry about all the illness!! Nothing takes it out of you like a sick kid - except sick kids! Just a few more weeks and the weather will take a turn for the better and we won't all be caged animals!