11/30/2009

Our Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are now into the whirlwind that is the Christmas season. I thought I should take a minute to reflect on last weekend or I'm afraid I'll completely forget it. We traveled to my in-laws' for the holiday weekend. There were 14 people in the house and it was pretty crazy. You know how it is. In that setting, if you want to be heard, you must yell across the table, so that the person closest to the salad can hear you asking for it. It was pandemonium and lots of fun to catch up with everyone, as well as to see Madelyn and Pierce enjoy their cousins. The cousins were fascinated with Isabel.

Unfortunately, Isabel was not fascinated with her new surroundings during nap times. While she slept great at night (Thank you, Lord!), nap times were a different story, and I was quite stressed at times. It seemed like I spent most of my time listening to her scream, trying to comfort her, realizing that she had fallen asleep in my arms, laying her back down, only to hear her scream once again. It was quite the viscous cycle and I could not reboot her to save my life. It was a fast reminder of how difficult traveling with a tiny baby can be. Additionally, Pierce woke up every night crying. He was disoriented and constantly looking for us.

Having experienced all of that, I find myself being so thankful for a family where people really do love each other and love being around each other.

Here's a picture of the cousins. Notice Isabel's demeanor.



Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: