9/02/2008

Back from the beach

and back to reality. I'm glad to be home, but we had a fantastic time at the beach. We actually stayed a couple of extra days. Madelyn and Pierce had a great time playing in the sand and water. I'll post pictures soon. Here are some interesting things that happened while we were there:

1. Both of my kids decided to test gravity while we were there by throwing things from our 11th floor balcony to the parking garage below. Pierce accidentally tossed our condo key that we were able to easily recover. Thank goodness! Madelyn tossed her plastic cup over the side and was absolutely devastated to find that it had completely shattered.

2. Pierce was wearing a shirt and a diaper. He pooped in his diaper, and I didn't know. I looked over because he was whining loudly and saw that he had removed his diaper and was disgusted about his situation. That same day, I got him out of the bathtub and he pointed to his bottom and said "poo-poo." Before I had time to react, he pooped on the floor.

3. I saw a sand shark (I think?) just off the shore. During the only rainy day we had, I decided to sit by the ocean under our tent. I looked up and saw fins just off the shore. Then, I noticed other people pointing and telling others to get out of the water. Then, I saw the fin race away from the shore and then the shark jumped out of the water and body slammed itself back into the water. I was kinda hoping the fin was a porpoise or dolphin, but this was not the graceful leap of one of those creatures. Pretty sure it was a small shark.


Here's a video of the kids enjoying the water. We did a lot of jumping and catching in the pool:


No comments: