9/20/2008

And she's gone


We sold our 1991 Chevy Blazer this morning to a high school kid. We've had it on and off Craigslist for a couple of months, and several people have come to see it. Today was the day she left our parking area for good. My parents generously gave us the Blazer when JD and I got married, and it's been such a good vehicle for us. I think JD was a little sad to see it go, as it's been his little project since we got it. He enjoys working on cars and this one needed some work from time to time. My parents bought it when I was in 7th grade, and it was the car I learned to drive in. The handle above the passenger side door and the floorboard are probably quite worn, as I'm sure my parents grabbed that handle and prayed quite often as they pressed the imaginary brake.

One of my more panicked driving memories occurred in that car. On the day I was supposed to get my permanent license (In VA, you are issued a temporary license and then you have to appear in court with a parent to receive your permanent license. At least that's how it happened 14 (yikes!) years ago.), I attempted to pull out of our driveway to head to the courthouse. However, I backed into the ditch. As I'm typing this post, I realize that this story might be news to my parents:-) Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive! With a lot of tire squealing, I was able to get out of the ditch and head on my way.

Thanks for the memories, old girl. I hope you treat your new owner well!

No comments: