8/21/2008

We have a squealer

and his name is Pierce. I'm talking high-pitched, loud squealing comes out of his mouth at the most unexpected times. I don't remember Madelyn doing this. Man, I was so glad when he went down for his nap this afternoon. My ears needed a break. Madelyn just kept looking from him to me and back again trying to figure out what was going on. I was a bit confused myself.

I remember thinking when Madelyn was 18-months old that I was glad I was already pregnant with Pierce. (Don't know if I would have gotten pregnant so quickly if I had seen what was to come) That's when her opinionated disposition started to show. Well, Pierce isn't quite there yet, still 17 months, but he really does have some opinions. Sometimes he'll even squeal about it. I hadn't really thought about it as much with him until the squealing began. I guess I'm just experienced enough to know that it gets worse before it gets better...like Madelyn trying on 6 different things before we could walk out the door because something didn't look right, feel right, etc.

By the way, I do love my children.

1 comment:

Masker # 7 said...

Oh dear...Cassie squealed too. Once I squealed back at her...(not a proud Mommy moment for me) and I scared her into tears. Oops. Her high pitched voice had a special way to trigger my worst headaches...so you have my total sympathy! She stopped it on her own after 6 weeks or so. Oh, and I love my kid too! :)