7/20/2008

Water Mine

JD and I took the kids to a local watering hole yesterday. The Water Mine is a kids' water park in Reston and is one of Fairfax County Parks and Rec. sites. I forgot to take my camera, but I don't think I could have really gotten any good shots anyway since both JD and I were in the water most of the time. Madelyn had a wonderful time and loved riding the bigger slides with JD. She really has turned into quite the water dog. Pierce, as always around the water, was quite timid at first, but he really started having a good time toward the end. He even was willing to go down some of the slides with me.

Some info for the locals:

1. It's a bit pricey, but I think it was worth it.
2. If you have more than one child, it might be difficult to do with only one adult.
3. Get there early if you want an area in the shade to put your stuff/take a break.
4. When you look at the pricing, "chaperone" does not mean any adult with a child. It means a person who is only observing, not getting in the water at all. So, if you are planning on getting in the water at all, count yourself as the "above 48 inches" price.
5. It is really laid out well, as you wade further into the pool, the slides get bigger and water deeper. The sections are pretty obvious, even though they aren't roped off.
6. There is a "kiddie" area that is completely sectioned off for those under 4 and their parents/guardians.
7. The lazy river is not so lazy. Lots of waterfalls and buckets of water just waiting to be dumped on your head.
8. Admission to the water park also gives you all day access to Lake Fairfax activities and the carousel.

So, all in all, I give it two thumbs up! Take the kids; have a blast!

No comments: