7/29/2008

Long time, no post

Our lives have been pretty mundane lately, hence the lack of posting. We just got back, though, from a long weekend visiting my parents and extended family. The kids had a great time and did relatively well traveling; it's just over 400 miles to my parents' house from our house. We did both trips with only one stop, which is pretty impressive with a potty-trained child and a squirmy toddler. It was so nice to see most of my family while we were there, and I usually get a little melancholy after we return from a visit. I hate it that we can't see my family more often. The kids have such a great time, and Madelyn kept saying, "I don't want to go home. I want to stay at/go back to Ma and Granddad's." So, family reading this--come visit!!! It would be a very cheap visit to Washington, DC. We have plenty of room, so you could stay here for free!

But I digress. Here are some pictures from this weekend:


This is Madelyn swinging with the daughter of one of my best friends from high school. This could almost be mistaken for a picture of Amy and me.
Madelyn with her little cousin Connor.
Kathryn giving Madelyn a ride on the tricycle.
Pierce loved all the attention from his great-aunts Alice and Sandra:

No comments: