11/26/2007

Holiday conversations with a two year old

Madelyn's teacher threw a Thanksgiving party for her class last Tuesday. She gave each kid a treat bag. The kids also made Thanksgiving cards for their parents. As I walked into her class, Madelyn rushes to me with the card a treat bag and says, "Happy Gift-giving, Mommy!" I still can't get her to say Thanksgiving.

In the car this afternoon, Christmas music came on the radio. Here is the coversation that followed:

Mommy: Ooooh, Madelyn, Christmas music.
Madelyn: Christmas music?
Mommy: Yes, it's Christmastime. Do you know why we celebrate Christmas?
Madelyn: Christmas?
Mommy: Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth. It's kinda like his birthday.
Madelyn: Birthday cupcake? Is Jesus one?
Mommy: No, Jesus is quite a bit older than that.
Madelyn: Two?

I wonder how old she thinks I am.

No comments: