11/04/2007

Goodbye Daylight Saving Time!

Have you ever wondered why we change the time twice a year? Well, you can go here for an explanation:

http://geography.about.com/cs/daylightsavings/a/dst.htm

While an hour one way or the other is not a big deal in theory, it does throw me off a bit. If it throws me off a bit, I can imagine that it messes with the kids a bit, too. Actually, the kids didn't do badly this morning. By their biological clocks, they actually got to sleep a bit later compared to a "normal" Sunday morning. We go to the 8:00 am church service, so we are up early on Sundays. What I really don't like is that it will be dark within an hour or so of the kids waking from their afternoon naps, making jaunts outside a little more challenging.

The fun thought, though, is that in 4 weeks, I will allow myself to start decorating for Christmas. Yipeee!!!

No comments: