11/20/2007

Glasses

JD and I both wear glasses. I wear contacts most of the time, but at night, I take them out and wear my glasses. I was putting Madelyn to bed one night and she kept talking about glasses. I wasn't really sure what her concern was, but I just figured she was interested because I had mine on. Well, I finally figured out that she wanted her glasses (sunglasses) and that she thought that I wore my glasses to bed. Try explaining the need for eyeglasses to a 2 year old. I was finally able to get out of her bedroom without getting her sunglasses, but she was so sure she needed to wear her glasses in order to go to sleep.

My parents visited last weekend and they both wear reading glasses, so Madelyn decided she needed to get in on the glasses wearing action:



I hope her interest in glasses remains because based on her genetic makeup, I'm pretty sure she'll need them one day.




No comments: