10/31/2007

My Sweet Girl

I have found myself getting more frustrated lately. Pierson is more easily agitated. I think he wants to move faster than he's able to right now. And he knows what he wants, but he just can't seem to get to everything. In addition, Madelyn is trying to revert to babyhood on many issues, and I know it's in retaliation to Pierce "becoming a person" as opposed to being the tiny baby she used to love. It also doesn't help that he has decided that 4:00 am is an appropriate time to wake up. (Two nights in a row--the first nigh he went back to sleep. Last night he didn't.) So, I'm a little tired. I decided that I needed to spend a little time focusing on the good things about my children.

Yesterday, Madelyn went to school and when I picked her up at the end of her day, the first thing she said was, "Jocelyn wasn't here today." Jocelyn is one of her little friends. Madelyn then told me that Jocelyn was sick. We came home and got ready for her nap. We went through our routine--potty, pull-up on, story, pray, sing song. As I was walking out of her room, she said, "Wait, Mommy. We need to pray for Jocelyn." She then said, "Dear God, please help Jocelyn feel better. Amen." That was good for my heart.

Some funny things Madelyn says:

Nemember--"Mommy, you said I could have a snack, nemember."

Bemuter--"Daddy, I want to listen to music on your bemuter." (Watch You Tube videos on the computer.)

When she's stalling--"Now, wait a second..."

And even though she has zero interest in dressing up for Halloween--"Twick or tweek"

1 comment:

mama78 said...

JohnDavid was a screamer from 12-14 months of age. He knew exactly what he wanted but had no words. Then suddenly he began to get it. Id' say, "Say, Drink, please." He'd reply, "Din, pea" And the screaming stopped -he hasn't stopped talking since. During the screamer phase, friends stayed with us and as a thank-you gift, sent James Dobson's "Strong Willed Child". (Not too subtle) Mama