3/07/2013

Madelyn's American Girl birthday party

 Madelyn wanted to have a birthday party and invite her classmates, and she wanted an American Girl doll party.  I wasn't exactly sure how to pull that off, but I decided to make it relatively simple and do patriotic decorations.  The invitation just asked the girls to come and bring their favorite American Girl doll or other loved doll.  We ordered pizza, had fruit, and cupcakes.  We watched Kit (the movie starring the American Girl, Kit) for the first part while the girls ate pizza.  When everyone was done with pizza, we played "Put the flag on the flagpole" and busted up the pinata.  Then we sang happy birthday and ate cupcakes while we finished the movie.  It was a simple party, and I think the girls all had fun.  Here are some pictures of the decorations and festivities:







Madelyn started the flagpole game:


 Notice the "flagpole" to her far left:
 
Here are the results:
 In honor of the Great Depression (when the story of Kit takes place), the two girls who hit the flagpole received a dollar.





Then it was pinata time:

And cupcakes:


2 comments:

Shildy said...

what an awesome party! I'm so impressed :-)

Renee said...

Looks like a great party. I love your ideas. I'm always afraid to host a party at my house because I'm afraid of keeping the kids entertained and the prep work.