4/25/2011

Easter weekend

I have decided that Easter is my favorite holiday. I love having a day to focus on Christ's sacrifice for all and to reflect on and celebrate Christ's resurrection. What a Savior! I also like it because it is more low key--no stress over party prep, no stress over gift giving, no chaos of gift opening to take away from focusing on the reason for the day. I guess that's what happens when you get older; you start to focus on the important.

My parents were visiting, and we kicked off the weekend with decorating Easter cookies. I was hesitant to do that because the kids usually don't express much interest. I'm glad I did it, though, because Madelyn really enjoyed it. On Saturday morning, we went to an egg hunt hosted by friends. On Sunday morning, we all went to the early service at church and enjoyed a (somewhat) late breakfast at IHOP. Then we came home for more egg hunting and relaxation.

Below is a slideshow of our weekend. You can click on the slideshow to see the album.


'

1 comment:

Jennifer Clark said...

I was also thinking yesterday about how Easter might be my favorite holiday, for the same reasons. The pink and green outfits look really cute!