2/11/2010

Round Two is Over

The sun is shining, but the wind is still blowing. We survived the second major snow with blizzard-like conditions that visited our area in less than a week. It was hard to get an accurate measurement this time because of the snow already on the ground. Reports are that the downtown DC area got 10.5 inches. We measured on the top of our car and got 7.5 inches. Whatever the amount, there are now over 30 inches of snow on the ground. The snow piles are amazing, much taller than Madelyn. Many are taller than I am. Downtown DC is apparently a mess. JD's office has been closed all week. He's been working some from home, but I have been so thankful he has been here. While he can't control the weather, he is much better at survival techniques than I am. The wind yesterday was pretty incredible. I looked outside a few times and truly couldn't see the houses across the street. True white out conditions are quite intimidating.

Police were begging people to get off and stay off the roads. At one point yesterday, I found myself being so thankful that I wasn't 8-9 months pregnant during all of this. Both Madelyn and Pierce have winter birthdays. I'm glad we didn't follow that trend with Isabel. Getting to the hospital yesterday would've been a near impossibility.

So, are you wondering what we've been up to while we've been homebound? Here's a few photos to give you an idea:

Isabel's been doing a lot of bouncing.


We've done a lot of shoveling. JD has done most of the shoveling, but I wanted documented proof that I've done some of it.



Pierce likes climbing the snow piles. They really are hills at this point.
Isn't he cute?



Can you tell that the snow pile is at least two feet taller than Madelyn?


We've made lots of different train track configurations. Pierce informed me that he was too busy to smile for the camera.


We made green eggs and ham (orange colored pancakes?)



No comments: