2/28/2010

Keeping it simple?

My goal for birthdays this year was to keep things simple. Have a play date with some of Madelyn's friends from school, have a small party for both Madelyn and Pierce with a couple of mutual friends, and then have a family party (My nieces have birthdays in March, so my sister-in-law and I have decided that it's easier on the grandparents to be able to celebrate the parties at one time, rather than having to go to four kids' parties in four weeks time.) The play date with Madelyn's friends was a little bigger than I had originally planned--NOT my fault--but the details of that don't really matter. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Last night we had the small party for Madelyn and Pierce and that went off very well. I made an attempt at a train cake, and I think it turned out okay. You can tell it's a train, right?





Thanks for coming and celebrating with us! For more pictures, go here.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is pretty awesome - nice train!

Renee said...

That train cake looks great!