8/13/2009

Memory card still lost.

I haven't replaced it because I haven't been anywhere except the pool and a play date all week. Why? We're potty training. Pierce has been running around naked or nearly naked for the better part of a week. As I reflect on the last 5 days, I realize that we have made progress. He is announcing that he has to potty and he doesn't mind to do either deed in the toilet. However, at a play group today, I took him to the bathroom. We sat for about 2 minutes and he announced that he was all done and that he didn't need to go. I told him that was fine and that we would come back in 15 minutes. No sooner had he stepped back into the play area (about 15 seconds later), he said "I need to tinkle, Mommy." Sure enough, the front of his shorts were completely soaked. Oh, so frustrating!

There have been more than a few incidents like this, and I can confess that I have had a few moments that I haven't been very proud of. However, I do feel that when we're home, we're pretty safe from accidents now. Obviously, venturing away from the house is still a problem, but I can't stay confined forever. I hate putting him back in pull-ups when we go out because he doesn't mind peeing in them, but I also don't want a stream of pee flowing from a shopping cart or onto a friend's nice, stain-free carpet. I've read many different opinions about this--some say never go back to diapers or pull-ups and deal with the clean ups--some advise to basically not leave the house for as long as it takes to get it down--others say to use pull-ups when necessary.
In a perfect world, we would be completely trained by the middle of next month. Oh, how wonderful it would be to only have one in diapers! I will gladly accept any prayers for miracle breakthroughs and patience as well as any advice you might have.

1 comment:

MA said...

Carey, it really sounds like you are making great progress. Just count on your common sense and use pull ups when you have the need.