7/10/2009

Delinquent

I've been delinquent in blog posts and taking pictures of the kids, but I've also been pretty busy lately. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow, and I've been getting ready for that. Additionally, we have one week once we are back before movers and loyal friends come to help us move. We decided to hire movers to move the furniture and friends are helping us move the boxes. This week, we have been packing, packing, packing. The house is full of boxes, but there's still a lot left to do.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday for an uneventful visit. The baby's heartbeat sounded great, and I don't have to go back for another four weeks. I'm measuring right on (29 weeks). I'm still feeling really well and sleeping pretty well, too. I have come down with a bit of a cold, though, and my vigorous morning walks have become a little less vigorous. I need to figure out how to modify them--do I walk the same distance but slow things down or do I keep up the pace but shorten the distance?

The baby (still doesn't have a name) is very active and pretty predictable in her movement patterns. She usually wakes me up in the morning and keeps me awake a little longer than normal at night--good preparation for what's to come, I suppose. Something sharp (hoping it's a knee/foot and not an elbow/hand) jabs me close to my ribs quite often when I'm lying on my right side. Sometimes it almost hurts. JD was pretty impressed by her abilities a couple of nights ago. I know time tends to cause memories to fade, but I really don't remember Madelyn or Pierce being this aggressive in utero.

That's the view from here. I think we'll have internet access while we're on vacation. If so, I'll try to do a couple of updates.

No comments: