4/24/2009

Friends and the zoo

A great friend of mine is visiting from Oklahoma. She and I met because we started teaching at Madison Co. High School at the same time. Two years later, we both informed each other that we were expecting babies at the end of Feb. 2005. Her son was born a week before Madelyn. It's been over three years since we have seen each other, and we have each added to our families. Her husband is taking a class in the DC area, and they all came with him. It has been so great to catch up and see her kids. We went to the zoo this morning, and I think everyone had a great time. My kids are both sound asleep right now, so I know they did!

Pierce and Madelyn with elephants in the background:


Madelyn and Ella:


Pierce telling me about the gorillas:


Gorillas:


This guy was putting on a show for us:


Lions:


Tiger:


Prairie dog:


Could the kids really be more fascinated with a cow than anything else we saw?

No comments: