10/14/2008

Columbus Day

I appreciate Christopher Columbus. Really, I do. But should we really celebrate him with a federal holiday? In Northern Virginia, schools close for federal holidays, so Madelyn did not have school on Monday. Couple that with Pierce being sick (fever and stuffy nose), and it was a LONG day. Madelyn was disappointed about not having school, and we were pretty much home bound because Pierce was not himself. He was very whiny, and I held him for a good part of the day. My back was killing me by bedtime. I guess life is pretty good when this is all I can find to complain about, but school's back in session tomorrow. We're all happy about that. Plus, Pierce is on the mend, and his fever was gone by mid-morning today.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yeah, i agree...columbus day really doesn't seem to warrant a day off. but you're also hearing this from someone who actually had to WORK that day anyway. :)