5/22/2008

When all is quiet...

be afraid! Or at the very least, concerned. I was cleaning the kitchen this evening when my parents called. After talking with them for a few minutes, I noticed that my children were very quiet. I went down the stairs a bit and heard Madelyn and Pierce talking very sweetly to one another. So, I went back upstairs to finish what I was working on. I got off the phone with my parents and decided to join my sweet children downstairs.

Madelyn: Mommy, these are good.
Me: What are you eating?
Madelyn: They're green and red and have sparkles.
Me: Are you eating chalk?
Madelyn: Nope, these. (And she holds up a watermelon gummy. JD gave me some watermelon gummies for our anniversary. I love them.)

Madelyn had divided them up so nicely. She was eating some from a plastic cup and Pierce had some neatly laid out on the floor. I quickly rescued what was left of my delicious gummies and briefly sulked about most of my gummies being in the bellies of my babies.

No comments: