2/15/2008

Mommy, come quick!

This sentence in a panicked voice from an almost 3-year old is not something a mother wants to hear. We were trying to get out the door this morning, and I had to run upstairs to put on my shoes. Pierce has not shown a ton of interest in climbing the steps. I knew he could do it, but it certainly has not been a favorite past-time of his. Well, I heard Madelyn yelling "Mommy, come quick!" as I was in the closet slipping on my shoes. In my head, I'm thinking, "Madelyn, I told you to stay downstairs with Pierce." As I bolted out of my room, I saw Madelyn holding on to Pierce's foot, and he was less than an inch from taking a dive down the steps. From what I could gather, Pierce bolted up the stairs after me, and Madelyn was in hot pursuit after him. He then decided he would go back down the stairs head-first. I really need to enhance my efforts to teach him to safely go back down the steps.

No comments: