2/29/2008

Just an update

Tomorrow is Madelyn and Pierce's birthday party. My parents came up today and brought MORE presents for both of them. This really is a never ending birthday celebration for Madelyn. Next week, we're have another party for our kids and our nieces at JD's brother's house. The four grandchildren have birthdays ranging from Feb. 21-Mar. 21, and we're trying to make it easier on the grandparents.

Not much has gone on in the last week, which is why I haven't posted. Pierce was diagnosed with strep throat. We got this diagnosis because I took him to the doctor for a very bad looking and persistent diaper rash. Turns out, strep bacteria can grow in the nether regions as well as the throat. They took a culture from both his throat and his bottom and they came back positive. Fortunately, he didn't seem to feel badly and was displaying no other symptoms.

Madelyn is learning the letters in her name. I've tried working on this with her for a while, but she has said to me more than once, "I don't want to do this anymore." Her teacher has had a bit more success. She definitely knows "M" and now recognizes it on pretty much everything. "N" poses a bit more of a problem for her, and I guess it is a little confusing because "M" and "N" look and sound so much alike. I've tried teaching her "D", as has her teacher , but she can't quite get it down. And for some reason she loves saying "B", so if she sees a letter she doesn't know (which is most of them), she just says "B".

JD and I are both well. We're glad his schedule hasn't been too hectic this winter, and he's been getting home most nights in plenty of time to put the kids to bed. That makes us all happy! I'm thankful that he works so hard and still makes us his priority.

Some have been asking, and I promise I haven't forgotten about birthday pictures. I'll try to get them posted by the end of the weekend. I've been waiting to get pictures of the party before posting the link to the album.

No comments: