8/16/2010

Time

My first baby is starting kindergarten in less than 3 weeks. She so excited, and to be honest, I'm excited for her. But, to be honest, my heart hurts just a little bit. Her supplies have been purchased, and we got her class list with the name of her teacher on Friday. The countdown is officially on.

My second baby starts preschool in a month. He's excited but wants to have Mrs. Joann and Mrs. Helga as his teachers again. I'm trying to prepare him that this will probably not happen. We got some of his school information in the mail on Friday.

My third baby turns one next month. I almost feel guilty because her first year has been a blur. She has conversations in her own language and stands unassisted for several seconds at a time. Sometimes she makes it to a standing position without pulling up on anything. She'll be walking soon, probably sooner than I'm ready. I've been sorting through the clothes that she can't wear anymore. These are clothes that both she and Madelyn wore. I remembered specific days when Madelyn wore certain outfits.

I haven't cried today, but I've been thinking that time is moving too quickly.

No comments: