10/01/2009

Two-week check-up

By now, I can pretty much write the script for our kids' two-week checkups. "They are a little slow on the weight gain. Come back in a week for a weight check." "Wow! This baby is so alert. What do you do with them when they are so awake like this?"

Yep. I've heard that with every kid. Three different doctors, three different kids, pretty much the same response each time.

Isabel is up from her 4 day old weight check (8 lbs, 13 oz) but not back to her original birth weight (9 lbs, 10 oz). Today she weighed 9 lbs, 4 oz. I'm not worried, but I like to be cautious, too. Unfortunately, I'm having to supplement breast feeding with some formula, but I'm trying to remedy that.

She's doing pretty well at night, as we're getting 3-4 hour stretches between feedings. The main issue is that it takes almost an hour to feed her, wake her up, feed her some more, change her diaper, and feed her some more. If I could stay in bed until 8:30 every morning, I would feel great, but Madelyn and Pierce need me, too.

We really are doing quite well. I hope this continues once JD goes back to work on Monday.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I remember those days. Wesley was a very slow eater and I remember it taking a while to wake him up, feed him, change his diaper to wake him up again, and feed him some more. Thankfully, it gets better.