5/06/2009

20-week Check-up

I'm (un)officially half-way through my pregnancy. I had my 20-week check-up today, and other than avoiding looking at the scale, it was an uneventful visit. We are heading to Disney World in a few days (Sshhhhh!!! Don't tell. Madelyn and Pierce don't know.), and I thought I should ask the doctor about what rides I couldn't ride. He told me his best advice (after informing me that he loves Disney World) was to take my doctor with me so that he can advise me about each ride :-) Then he got kinda serious and said that I should avoid anything with sudden jerking movements or stops and fast speeds. While I didn't expect or intend to ride the Tower of Terror I was hoping for a trip through Splash Mountain. I asked him about that and he said that the stopping motion at the bottom of the hill might be a bit too jerky. Soooo, it would appear that I'm destined for lots of It's a Small World and Spaceship Earth. That's okay, though. I'm still looking forward to it, and it's all about the kids, right:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time in Disney! Take Care!

Love, Ashley

Renee said...

Have fun at Disney! I think you guys love it (and go) as much as we do.

Jennifer Clark said...

You can always stand at the bottom of the hill and get splashed then! Does that even work at Disney World?

I also used to look away when they weighed me, only to find out accidentally when I would look at the summary sheet they sent me home with!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Glad you had a good visit! Good for you for not looking at the scale, ha, I had to stop doing that after a while! Have a great trip!!