2/23/2009

Pandemonium

I'm not sure how many people we had here on Saturday to celebrate Madelyn's birthday, but it was a lot. We live in a great neighborhood with lots of kids, and everyone invites everyone else to everything. So, we did the same. Plus we invited a couple of other family friends and JD's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and brother were all here. I hope it came across as organized chaos to the guests, but it seeemed like pandemonium to me. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and Madelyn told me as I was putting her to bed that this was her happiest birthday ever. So, that made it all worthwhile. I made a Princess cake, where the cake was Cinderella's skirt; we had some snacks, and we ordered pizza. The kids played "pin the tiara on the princess", and I made a quick treasure hunt. The treasure was a pinata. All in all, I think the party was a success.

Cinderella cake in all its glory. We decided it looked like Cinderella was popping out of the cake when she was posed with her arms up, so we moved them to a lower position.

The birthday girl

The kids are decorating their "treasure collecting bags."


Getting ready for pin the tiara on the princess


Madelyn finished her turn.


The treasure hunt begins.


The treasure was found! Bring on the candy!


All four candles are lit.


I've heard it said multiple times, so I can't give credit for this quote, but whoever first said "The days are long, but the years are short." was so right. Madelyn is four, and all I did was blink.

2 comments:

Joelle said...

so cute! love the cake! she is a precious little lady!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

4 years old??! Wow! Happy Birthday Madelyn! What a cute and beautiful "little one"! :)