1/19/2009

Stomach bug (continued)

*****Warning, somewhat graphic details follow.***************

Well, we thought we were in the clear. Pierce was clearly on the mend, the rest of us felt well, and we headed to Charlottesville. Our friends were wonderful, as they insisted we come down regardless of our condition. We were here for about 24 hours when Madelyn said, "Mommy, my tummy hurts." Uh oh. Sure enough. Twenty minutes later we were cleaning up a bit of a mess; although, I must say that she did a pretty good job of getting her throw up where it needed to go. So we went through a few hours of letting her take a sip of water and then holding a trash can up to her face so she could deposit it back in the trash. By about 10:00 pm, she seemed to be over her wretching and finally settled in to a good sleep.

Meanwhile, I was starting to feel a little off. Madelyn woke me up around 3:30 am to tell me she was very thirsty. I made my way up the stairs, but by the time I got up there, I was feeling pretty bad. I sent Madelyn down to get JD, and I spent the next twenty minutes on the bathroom floor. As of now, at 11:41 am, we all seem to be on the way to recovery, but JD is on edge waiting to feel the effects.

No comments: