1/09/2009

The parker and the fixer

I admit it...I have a parking problem. Right after Madelyn was born, I nailed a minivan as I pulled into a parking spot at WalMart. I had Madelyn with me. JD was studying for the bar, and I was in a hurry b/c I knew I had about 45 minutes before Madelyn needed to nurse. So, I whipped the car right into the rear bumper of the minivan. I was sooooo emotional anyway, but this sent me over the edge. I called JD and I was pretty hysterical. He left his studying, went into the store, had a worker page the owner of the minivan, apologized profusely for my mishap, and made all the necessary arrangments and information exchanges. All the while, I cried and nursed in the Blazer. Parking issue number 1 and fix number 1.

Last year, I pulled into a parking spot at Madelyn's preschool and tapped yet another minivan on the door. Not nearly the damage done this time, but the guy still made an insurance claim (as he should have). Our car only had a tiny scratch, so at least we didn't have to get our car fixed this time. However, I called JD upset, and he calmed me down once again. Parking issue number 2 and fix number 2.

Wednesday, I pulled into a parking spot at Madelyn's school in our minivan (I'm still getting used to the differences in driving the van versus the car.), and I pulled up a little too far. The front of the minivan went over the parking barricade just a tiny bit. Let me mention that JD's only concern with the minivan was that the front bumper seemed a bit loose. Well, that concern was a legitimate one because as I backed up, I heard this really loud pulling sound. The front bumper was now very loose. Oh, I was soooooooo mad at myself. I called JD and he calmed me down once again. The next morning he was able to pop the bumper back in place and informed me that this was probably our only free fix. Parking issue number 3 and fix number 3.

I am so thankful that I have a patient husband. I love you, hon!

No comments: