11/27/2008

Thankful

It is Thanksgiving Day, so as so many of my blogging friends have done, I thought I would do a thankful list.

1. We have now gone 24 hours without seeing our children throw up. Yes, the kids had a nasty stomach bug and we spent Tuesday night into Wednesday morning listening to our children dispense of their breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. I apologize if you are reading this after partaking of you delicious Thanksgiving meal. I have had this thought every time my kids have stomach bugs, but one of the most pitiful sights in the world is seeing a young child throw up.

2. We have had an enjoyable visit with my family, and while JD has done some work, he's had a relatively stress free visit and we've enjoyed having him available to play!

3. We get to see extended family that we only see a couple of times a year.

4. I caught up with some high school friends that I haven't seen in some time

5. I live in a free country protected by the bravest men and women in the world.

6. My husband has a great job and is able to provide for his family.

7. I have the privilege of being a stay at home mom.

8. I have great friends.

9. 24 is back (Okay this is a silly one, but I do enjoy the show!)

10. I will allow myself to start decorating for Christmas on Sunday.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: