3/09/2008

Happy Birthday, Pierce!

Our baby is one today! Madelyn's first year went by fast, but I feel like Pierce's first year went by at warp speed. He is just the sweetest baby I know. Can I still call him a baby? I think I can, at least until he's walking. Lots of people comment about how content and happy he is, so I know it's not just me being a doting mother. So, no, he's not walking yet. However, he keeps us on our toes and I can't imagine the challenge once he is steady on his feet. He's starting to say words...dat (that) and dis (this) are the most common we hear. From time to time, we hear a deliberate da da or ma ma. With all of the birthday celebrations we've had, he's come to love balloons. He points to them and says, "Dat, dat!". I'll say, "What is it?" He replies with, "Ba, ba!", which I assume is the way he can say balloon right now. When he eats a banana, he'll sometimes say nana.

I'm exhausted from the weekend. It was a busy one. I'm heading to bed, so I'll post a birthday picture later. Here's a flashback from one year ago:




No comments: