9/21/2007

Stalling

I know it's been a week since my last post, but our lives have been pretty uneventful lately. Madelyn still loves school and Pierce is drooling like crazy. I wouldn't be surprised to see another tooth at any time.

The latest thing with Madelyn, though, is stalling at naptime and bedtime. It hasn't become a real problem yet. We just have to keep redirecting her to the task at hand. When I announce it's time for bed, I usually hear, "I just woke up.", even though she's been awake for several hours. Then, she has to try to get her pants and underwear off and her pull-up and pants back on all by herself. This can take several minutes, depending on what she's wearing and how much she's willing to let me help. I'm all for developing more independence, but I think her motives might be a little skewed. We also have to limit the number of stories or we would read the entire Bible to her at one sitting. Additionally, you don't have to worry if someone is praying for you, considering we pray for just about everyone in the world. Sometimes she asks to pray for people that I don't know...school friends maybe? Again, I sometimes doubt the motives here.

Oh, her latest phrase is, "I need some pricaty." when she's going to the potty.

No comments: