9/10/2007

I need to potty.

Football season gives us a lot to look forward to, mainly Saturdays and Sundays lying around watching the tube and flipping between games, as well as the occasional trip to Blacksburg. In addition, we get to look forward to cheap pizza. Papa Johns runs a "Redskins Special" on the Mondays following Sunday Skins games. You can get a large pizza for $8.99 and a free topping for every touchdown, with double the toppings if they win. One game a couple of years ago, they scored 7 touchdowns in their win. When I went to pick up our pizza, they were cooking several 14 topping pizzas...YUCK!!!. But I digress...

As we left the house this evening to pick up the pizza, I asked Madelyn if she needed to potty. "No, Mom." (What's with the 'Mom' business? I still want to be a mommy.) was her reply. So, we pull out of our neighborhood, get about 1 mile down the street, and I hear, "I need to potty." Now, I had a decision to make. Keep on going and pray that Papa Johns would have a public restroom or turn around and go back to the house. I guess my faith wasn't very strong at that particular moment because we turned around and went back to the house. Madelyn indeed had to potty. Then we got back in the car and got our pizza.

I am very thankful that Madelyn has been so easy to potty train, but at that particular moment, I found myself wishing she had on a diaper. I know there will be many more of these situations in the future. Oh, Papa Johns did have a public restroom--good for future reference.

1 comment:

Emily said...

okay...i still want to be mommy too, but i think we have officially made the transition to mom! every now and then i still get a mommy, but it's mostly just mama from ella!