7/14/2007

Doctor Story

I'm still not sure if this was a mistake or not. A few weeks ago, I somehow figured out that Madelyn was trying to get me to tell her a story of when I was a little girl. So, I told her about passing out at the grocery store when I was 8 years old. I won't go into all of the details (if you're really interested, let me know), but it involves me going to the hospital and seeing a doctor. She loves that story. She loves it so much that she wanted JD to tell her a "doctor story" that took place in his childhood.

Now before naps and bedtime, we hear, "Mommy doctor story please." We then proceed to tell her the story, but now she fills in some of the words for us. For example, I say "When Mommy was a..." and Madelyn fills in "little girl." And so it goes. Same thing for JD's "doctor story." After we've finished with mine, we hear "Daddy doctor story."

The funny thing is this is the only story we can tell her. JD tried telling her a story about fishing when he was a little boy, but as soon as he started, Madelyn said, "Umm, doctor story please."

No comments: