5/25/2011

Last week

Last week was a whirlwind. May is always crazy in our family, but this year we decided to add to the craziness and buy a house, too. My birthday was Tues., but at this point, I've kinda stopped caring about that. I still have to stop and think about how old I am.

On Thursday, JD and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. I cannot believe we've been married an entire decade. I can remember our wedding day so vividly that it seems like yesterday. In some ways, things have gone pretty much like I thought they would. We knew we were going to spend our first year of marriage working with Campus Crusade for Christ. We also knew that JD wanted to go to law school and that I wanted to return to teaching.

We both wanted kids, and we've been blessed with three beautiful, wonderful, sweet, and fun kids. I don't think we expected to live in the DC area for nearly six years. We often joke that our five year plan ran out four years ago.

The Lord truly blessed me with the best husband for me, and I am so thankful that I love him so much more today than I did 10 years ago. To celebrate our anniversary, we bought a house. I am so, so excited to move into a home that is OURS! The neighborhood seems really nice, and one of Madelyn's classmates lives in the neighborhood , so I have gained a car pool buddy. YIPEEE! The house had all of my check list items and needs just a little touching up. My sister-in-law and I are going to paint the master bedroom this weekend, and I'm going to do some work on the kitchen cabinets (using a new product by Rustoleum), and I'll let you know how that goes. Our official move date is June 17, but I'm taking boxes over every day. I'll post pictures soon.

2 comments:

Jennifer Clark said...

Congratulations on 10 years, congratulations on the new house, and happy birthday! Can't wait to see the house when you're all moved in!

ARK said...

Happy Birthday (belated) and congratulations on ten years! You all are a beautiful family on the outside as well as, the inside! I am so excited for you to have bought a house because it means that you can't move away for at least a while. I will pray for you all too as you make this transition! We are so happy for you!